I live by the belief that it is each persons responsibility to help others in their communities. The following is a partial list of the service that I have performed and the agencies and organizations that I have served.
President - Condominium Association Board of Trustees (2013 - Present)
- Created website to improve communication between Board and Association Members
- Negotiated contracts with Management Company and professionals
- Coauthored rules and regulations
- Author of key resolution regarding making building smoke free
- Author of key resolution to reduce energy costs through installation of LED bulbs in common areas
- Vice President - (2012 - 2013)
Township of Springfield Office of Emergency Management (1991 - 2010)
- Auxiliary Police Dept. - Lieutenant - Graduate of the Union County Police Chief's Academy held at the John Stamler Academy in Scotch Plains, NJ. Duties included training of all new officers in personal protection, emergency medicine (practical experience), emergency vehicle operations, HAZ-Mat response and awareness, response to WMD and Terrorism incidents, as well as the Unit's instructor in Blood Borne Pathogens, RTK, and Emergency Response Plan Training
- OEM - Incident Commander - The role of an Incident Commander is as varied as the assignment. I have performed in this capacity in man-made and natural disasters, as well as in large crowd, multi-day planned public events. I have functioned in all areas of the IC command structure and used my expertise and first hand experience of the of all emergency services to interface with Local, County, State, and national responders from multiple agencies.
- Creation and publication of various operations manuals and procedures
- Design and Specification of mobile command post, as well as police, fire and EMS vehicles and equipment.
- Designed new Emergency Operations Center
- Disaster and Major event management.
- Hazardous Materials and WMD responses.
- Preparation of key elements of State mandated Emergency Operations Plan
- Preparation and maintenance of the OEM's Infectious Disease Control Plan (PEOSHA)
- Instructor for Police, Fire and EMS in WMD and Terrorism response, as well as PPE, NAAK, and ICS.
Springfield Volunteer First Aid Squad
I served in various positions including First Lieutenant, Asst. Training Officer and Squad Treasurer. My duties included the design and specifications for two ambulances, providing first responder training to all members of the Township's Police Department, and the design and implementation of disaster exercises for the SVFAS and all municipal response agencies.
FIFA - Women's World Cup - 1999
_ _ Volunteer Venue Manager of - IT & Telecommunications for Giant Stadium operations. Duties included coordination, operational logistics, planning and oversight of 75 volunteers in pre-event, day of, and post event activities.
Montville Soccer Association
Coach, Soccer Club of Springfield
of Directors - Soccer Club of Springfield, Inc.(Founding Director)
Junior Baseball League